- October 1, 1999, San Jose, CA, Embedded Internet Workshop, Invited talk, "Software Security Assurance"
- September 22-23, 1999, Washington, DC, Smart Card Forum, Invited talk, "Java Card 2.1 Security"
- September 18, 1999, Java Users Forum, Compuserve
- July 14, 1999, Schwab, Invited talk, "Java Security Architecture"
- June 16-18, 1999, Stanford, IEEE Enterprise Security Workshop, Program Committee
- June 7-11, 1999, Monterey, Usenix Technical Conference, Program Committee
- May 17-18, 1999, Tysons Corner, VA, AMS Knowledge Centers/AMSCAT Associates Conference, "Security Architecture for eCommerce and Privacy"
- May 9, 1999, Baltimore, MD, SANS 99, Eighth Annual Conference on System Administration, Networking, and Security, Tutorial "Towards Secure Executable Content: Java"
- April 11-12, 1999, Santa Clara, California, 1st USENIX Workshop on Intrusion Detection and Network. Invited talk, "Why monitoring mobile code is harder than it sounds" Monitoring
- March 14-16, 1999, Charleston, AMS Technical Architects Conference "Electronic Commerce and Security"
- March 1, 1999, Dulles, VA, First International Software Assurance Certification Conference, "Why Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) Software Increases Security Risks"
- February 3-5, 1999, San Diego, ISOC Symposium on Network and Distributed System Security, "Mobile Code Security and JAVA Architecture"
- February 2, 1999, ZDTV, Screen Savers (Real Video now available).
- December 8-10, 1998, New York, Java Business Expo
- November 7-12, Tuscon, ICSA Malicious Mobile Code Consortium
- November 11, University of Arizona, "Java Security Architecture"
- Computer Security Conference and Exhibition, November 2-4, 1998, Chicago, IL; "New Issues in Java Security: From Smart Cards to JDK 1.2"
- SANS Network Security 98, October 25, 1998 (9am-12:15pm), Orlando, FL; "Towards Secure Executable Content: JAVA"
- SIGS Conference for Java Development '98, October 19-23, 1998, San Jose, CA.
- Mid-Atlantic Java Users Group, September 23rd, 1998, Bethesda, MD; "New Issues in Java Security: From Smart Cards to JDK 1.2"
- Internet Commerce Expo (ICE), September 22, 1998, Los Angeles, CA
- SD Expo East, August 17-21, 1998, Washington, D.C.
- Java Expo Europe, June 29-July 3, 1998, London.
- IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, May 3-6, 1998, Oakland, CA.
- Internet and Electronic Commerce (IEC) Conference and Exposition, Gartner Group, April 27-29, 1998, New York.
- Universite' Laval, Departement D'Informatique, April 14th, 1998, Quebec, Canada.
- EuroSec '98, 9th European Forum on IT Security and Quality, March 16-18, 1998, Paris.
- ISOC Symposium on Network and Distributed System Security, March 12th, 1998, San Diego, CA.
- COMNET panel on Push and security, January 28th, 1998, Washington, D.C.
- USENIX Security Symposium Java Security Tutorial, January 26th, 1998 San Antonio, TX.
- Naval Research Labs, December 17th, 1997, Washington, D.C.
- hackerz Internet broadcast in real-audio, December 12th, 1997, 7pm University of Massachusetts, Computer Science Department, December 4th, 1997
- LASER workshop in Boston, December 5th, 1997
- CSI's 24th Annual Computer Security Conference and Exhibition, November 17-19, 1997, Washington, DC
- NCSA Network Security and Firewalls conference, SanJose, CA, October 27-28, 1997
- Triangle Area Java User's Group, October 20, 1997
- digitivity lecture tour: Chicago, Atlanta, NY, DC
- Hostile Applets at infoWARcon, September 10, 1997, Washington, DC
- Keynote at the HASE workshop in Washington, DC on August 11th, 1997
- Java Expo Europe in London on July 3rd, 1997
- Java Security Tutorial in London, June 26th, 1997
- Java Security tutorial at Compass '97, June 17th, 1997, Washington, DC
- Java Expo, New York on June 3rd, 1997
- Mid-Atlantic Java Users Group April 23rd, 1997, Reston, VA.
- NCSA Firewalls, Web & Internet Security April 14th, 1997
- the University of Virginia, April 8th, 1997
- AOL CHAT March 27th, 1997
- CompuServe CHAT March 22nd, 1997, See the transcript.
- Hotwired CHAT March 20th, 1997, 9:00pm EST. The transcript is on the Web.
- DC Webgrrls March 19th, 1997
- DARPA, March 12th, 1997
- The University of Arkansas, March 7th, 1997
The Derrick McGinty show, NPR, Friday Feb 28th, 1997
- The Northern Virginia IEEE Chapter, February 20th, 1997
- San Diego Technical Books, February 11th, 1997
January 7th, 1997 at Computer Literacy Bookstore.
- McGraw interviewed by Amazon (www.amazon.com)
- Internet World in New York, December 12th, 1996.